Try out the SO moelleux ‘Landais’
In need for new inspirations to spice up your sandwich menu? Curious to see what could enhance our sandwich bread range? Discover this indulgent recipe featuring duck breast and foie gras with apple slices and honey. A sweet-and-salty twist to delight your most demanding clients!
- 1 So Moelleux multigrains
- 250g red onion
- 30g butter
- 30g honey
- 30ml alcohol vinegar
- 50 slices smoked duck breast
- 250g slab of cooked foie gras
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 150g fresh grapes
- Baby leaf salad
- To prepare the slow-cooked red onions, sweat the sliced onions in butter, add the honey, deglaze with the vinegar, cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave to cook slowly.
- Cut the foie gras into thin slices and halve the grapes.
- Wash the Granny Smith apple and cut it up into small sticks.
- Cut the bread in half and fill it with the slow-cooked red onions.
- Add the slices of duck breast, the grape halves, the slices of foie gras and the Granny Smith apple sticks.
- Garnish with a few baby salad leaves.
Tips & Tricks:
The red onion compote can be replaced by a peppery apple compote with a few slices of raw red onion for decoration.
Instead of shavings of cooked foie gras, make a foie gras mousse and pipe it onto the sandwich with a bag.