November 6, 2019
Recipe ideas: The ArtiSHOW
Today we suggest you a colorful and flavorful recipe featuring artichoke confit, artichoke puree and Bayonne ham. A creation was imagined by Chef Laurent Lemal, who was part of the Team representing France to compete in the Bocuse d’Or – 2017 Edition. Who said a sandwich cannot be gourmet?
Step 1 : Artichoke barigoule puree
- 12 poivrade artichokes
- 100 ml olive oil
- 150 g diced carrot
- 150 g diced celeriac
- 150 g diced onion
- 150 g diced smoked bacon
- 200 ml white wine
- 1L chicken stock
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Begin by preparing the artichokes. Heat the olive oil, add the artichokes and the aromatic vegetables and sweat them all well.
- Deglaze with the white wine, reduce, add the chicken stock and cook until the juice has completely reduced.
- Take out the artichokes, keep the aromatic vegetables and the highly reduced juice for the butter.
- Blend the artichokes to obtain a smooth puree, adjust the seasoning and chill.
Step 2 : The barigoule butter
- 200 g butter
- 200 g cooked barigoule vegetables
- 50 g reduced barigoule juice
- 3 g salt
Cream the butter until soft, add the barigoule vegetables, salt and the reduced juice to the butter, blend well and shape.
Step 3 : The slow-cooked artichokes
- 10 large artichokes
- 1 L olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- prepare the artichokes then keep them in water with lemon juice.
- Heat the oil with the garlic cloves and thyme up to 85°C and add the artichokes. Cook at this temperature for 45 mins.
- Remove the artichokes and put them in the fridge to cool down.
Step 4 : The Garnish
- 20 slices of Bayonne-type ham
- 150 g rocket
- 150 g Ossau Iraty (sheep-milk cheese) shavings
- 50 g roasted pine nuts
- Cut the bread in half, spread it with the barigoule butter, cover with artichoke puree and raw ham
- then put on the slow-cooked artichokes, rocket and Ossau Iraty shavings and garnish with roasted pine nuts.
And you, how do you surprise your clients with a sandwich?