Roast fig, smoked bacon & blue cheese
Created by Michel Roux – a Michelin starred Chef – as a bread pairing for Bridor Bread with fig, this delicious starter will waken the taste buds of your guests. And yet it’s so easy to make! You will even find the step-by-step in the video!
- 1 Fig bread
- 12 figs
- 12 slices smoked bacon (Alsace)
- 120 g blue cheese
- 3 tbsp. honey
- Rocket and watercress
- Olive oil
- Take the figs and cut a cross halfway down and pull open
- Place a nugget of blue cheese inside then wrap each fig with bacon and secure with a wooden pick.
- Place in a roasting tin and drizzle with honey and season with pepper
- Cook at 200°C for 8-10 min until caramelized but not overcooked.
- Garnish with some rocket and watercress leaves drizzled with olive oil and some of the juices from the pan.